Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Geoff Tucker Geoff Tucker is offline

Default Updating boilerplate text across many documents

I have many documents that share a single block of text among them. This text
changes infrequently, but I don't want to have to update the text in each and
every document, one at a time.

If I insert the boilerplate text as a Word object, then build a Word
template that includes this link, will all documents built from the template
then automatically update, when opened or printed, the inserted Word object?

We are trying to keep this very manageable. Unfortunately I have to convert
the final documents to PDFs for posting on a shared site, which means
printing them individually (they're all contained in separate folders so I
don't think I can do this with a batch process).

Or is there a better way to manage this?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm not sure whether Word 2007 offers a better way--but one option would
be IncludeText
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/tblsfldsfm...textfields.htm