Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jeff Mathewson[_2_] Jeff Mathewson[_2_] is offline

Default Word 2007 header/footer bug

Hello all,

Have a new problem with Word 2007 when saving documents, we seem to be
losing the header/footers of documents when saving as DocX. Anyone run into
this problem before?

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

I doubt that the headers and footers are really lost. Probably they're just
not being displayed, because you accidentally clicked in the space between
the top of a page and the ribbon, which turned off the "White space between
pages" setting. See http://www.gmayor.com/white_space.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Jeff Mathewson wrote:
Hello all,

Have a new problem with Word 2007 when saving documents, we seem to be
losing the header/footers of documents when saving as DocX. Anyone
run into this problem before?

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jeff Mathewson[_2_] Jeff Mathewson[_2_] is offline

I'll have to check on that, but I don't think that's it. Since the header
has to be re-entered. All info is lost and not shown when printing. But
again, it's a new problem we found, I'll get all the facts..just checking to
see if anyone else has a problem like this one...

Thanks,

Jeff.

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
I doubt that the headers and footers are really lost. Probably they're

just
not being displayed, because you accidentally clicked in the space between
the top of a page and the ribbon, which turned off the "White space

between
pages" setting. See http://www.gmayor.com/white_space.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

so
all may benefit.

Jeff Mathewson wrote:
Hello all,

Have a new problem with Word 2007 when saving documents, we seem to be
losing the header/footers of documents when saving as DocX. Anyone
run into this problem before?

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

What you describe does sound like a different problem -- if you can
open the header or footer area and it's empty, that's not the white
space feature.

Honestly, though, I'm in these groups every day and I haven't seen a
similar report yet. I hope you can get lucky and find someone who
didn't post because they solved it already.

Jay

Jeff Mathewson wrote:
Hello all,

Have a new problem with Word 2007 when saving documents, we seem to be
losing the header/footers of documents when saving as DocX. Anyone
run into this problem before?

Jeff

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jeff Mathewson[_2_] Jeff Mathewson[_2_] is offline

Thanks for your reply. When looking into the problem more, I found that the
footer isn't being saved at all. When looking at the XML files, the
footer1.xml isn't even there meaning it wasn't saved. Now, the question is,
is this Application, User or Server error..we are looking into all three.
But since you stated you been here and haven't seen this before, I can
safely say that it's not a Word 2007 problem other then bugs I been reading
about Word 2007 and networks not liking each other.

wrote:

[...]

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.