Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] MHughes2@gmail.com is offline

Default Caption formating carries through to table of figures

I am inserting a caption which has something like "Figure 1.0" in
bold, and the caption text is not bold.

However, when I go and insert at the table of figures, I do not want
any text to be bold. But the formation from the caption carries
through (ie. "Figure 1.0" is bold and text is not bold).

How do I get rid of this formatting?

I am using word 2007.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Note that any direct font formatting, such as the bold you applied to the
caption label and number, will be reflected in the table of figures. I'm
afraid there is nothing you can do about that.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote in message
I am inserting a caption which has something like "Figure 1.0" in
bold, and the caption text is not bold.

However, when I go and insert at the table of figures, I do not want
any text to be bold. But the formation from the caption carries
through (ie. "Figure 1.0" is bold and text is not bold).

How do I get rid of this formatting?

I am using word 2007.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] MHughes2@gmail.com is offline

I don't know if that is true. I have done several documents which the
caption formatting is not reflected in the table of figures.

If you don't believe me, try it. I am working on the assumption that
there is a setting I need to change.

Any suggestions?

wrote in message

I am inserting a caption which has something like "Figure 1.0" in
bold, and the caption text is not bold.

However, when I go and insert at the table of figures, I do not want
any text to be bold. But the formation from the caption carries
through (ie. "Figure 1.0" is bold and text is not bold).

How do I get rid of this formatting?

I am using word 2007.

Thanks- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Well, the Caption *paragraph style* can of course be formatted independently
of the corresponding table of figure entries, but once direct font
formatting is applied to the caption, it will show in the TOF.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote in message

I am inserting a caption which has something like "Figure 1.0" in
bold, and the caption text is not bold.

However, when I go and insert at the table of figures, I do not want
any text to be bold. But the formation from the caption carries
through (ie. "Figure 1.0" is bold and text is not bold).

How do I get rid of this formatting?

I am using word 2007.

Thanks- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] MHughes2@gmail.com is offline

Yes! you're correct, my problem was that by default my caption style
was not bold, but I was hard formatting to make things like "figure 1"
bold. where as what I should have done is defaulted my caption style
to bold and and "un-bolded" whatever ever text I didn't want to be
bold

thanks!

wrote in message

I am inserting a caption which has something like "Figure 1.0" in
bold, and the caption text is not bold.

However, when I go and insert at the table of figures, I do not want
any text to be bold. But the formation from the caption carries
through (ie. "Figure 1.0" is bold and text is not bold).

How do I get rid of this formatting?

I am using word 2007.

Thanks- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement