T. Wise

Default Reverse font color and background for selected lines

I'm printing a document for which I want some lines to be red letters on a
white background, but a few lines need to be white letters on a red
background.

How can I do this?

rderize

One way to do this (I'm using Word 2000, so it may be different in the other
versions) is:
You need to select the "Font Color" button. To find this button, it's going
to be easier to tell you how to put it on the Toolbar. First, right click on
a toolbar (or under the Tools menu, select Customize.) and click Customize.
In the Customize dialog box, select the Commands tab; in the Categories
window scroll down to and select Format. In the Commands window, scroll down
to "Font Color" and "Highlight". Left click each of these items and drag
each one up to a Toolbar that you will be using, and release the mouse
button. After you've moved both buttons up to the Toolbar, close the
Customize dialong box. Now, your buttons can be used. To turn the text you
need from black to red, type your text, then highlight it, then click on the
"A" button (known as the Font Color button) and choose the color red. Your
text will become red. To make your text be on a red background and have the
text be white in color, type your text, then select the Highlight button
from the Toolbar. Drag the highlight tool across the text you wish to have
the red background. Then, to change the text color to white, select the text
again, then select the Font Color button and select the color white. You
should now have white text with a red background.

"T. Wise" wrote in message
I'm printing a document for which I want some lines to be red letters on a
white background, but a few lines need to be white letters on a red
background.

How can I do this?

1. Select the text you want reversed (although you can do this for selected
text, it works better if it's a whole paragraph or more).

2. Go to Format | Borders and Shading. On the Shading tab, select red
shading and apply it to Text or Paragraph as appropriate.

3. Select the text, go to Format | Font, and select White as the font color.