Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gc

Default Insert date

The insert drop down does not give me an option to "Insert Date" why is this
and how do I use the feature if the drop down list does not show it. I am
running Word 2003.

Thank you for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

If you hold the Insert Menu open for 10 seconds, does the command show up?

I took this command off my menu because I found it easier to create
templates that had a CreateDate field where I want the date. The command
inserts either a static date (which is just as easy to type) or a Date field
that updates when I don't want it to. If I just want a date in my current
document, I know how to type it. Otherwise, I believe the shortcut for
insertion of a date field is Alt-Shift-D. This inserts the date (an updating
field) in the format you've chosen for your short date format in your
Windows Regional settings.

See http://addbalance.com/word/datefields1.htm for information on the
different kinds of datefields and how to format them.

--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.