Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charlene

Default Deleting Words in Custom Dictionary

Hello, just upgraded from Word 2000 to Office 2003. I can't figure out
how to delete a word I accidentally added to my dictionaries. I have
followed the directions to do this but I am not able to open the
dictionary and delete the word. Would someone know how to do this? I
would so appreciate knowing how to remove this word as it is misspelled
but always comes up as a suggested spelling when I misspell the word
itself. Thanks for any suggestions.

--
Charlene
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Charlene,

just upgraded from Word 2000 to Office 2003. I can't figure out
how to delete a word I accidentally added to my dictionaries. I have
followed the directions to do this but I am not able to open the
dictionary and delete the word. Would someone know how to do this? I
would so appreciate knowing how to remove this word as it is misspelled
but always comes up as a suggested spelling when I misspell the word
itself.

Since you don't mention which steps you've already tried it's a bit
difficult to help you...

However, a custom dictionary is a plain text file (*.dic). You should be
able to open it in NOTEPAD and delete any entries you don't like. Note
that you many have more than one custom dictionary, so if you find more
than one file ending in *dic you may want to check them all.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org