Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Forms? Checkboxes? Gray Shading?

What have I got here? Some kind of a form -- it's got
checkboxes. If you click on one, you get a dialog box. They have
gray shading.

I want to keep the checkboxes, and I'd like a user to pick one
and check it. But I don't want the dialog boxes or the gray shading.

I'm dealing with something new -- for me. ;-) Using Word 2000 on
XP Home.

*(((({

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Charles Kenyon

Looks like a checkbox from the forms toolbar. These are supposed to be used
with the document protected for forms. There are a number of ways to create
and use clickable checkboxes in documents / templates. Some require
protected or locked forms, others do not. Take a look at the Checkbox
template available at
http://www.addbalance.com/word/downl...#CheckboxAddIn for an exploration
of these.

--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"*((({" wrote in message
What have I got here? Some kind of a form -- it's got
checkboxes. If you click on one, you get a dialog box. They have
gray shading.

I want to keep the checkboxes, and I'd like a user to pick one
and check it. But I don't want the dialog boxes or the gray shading.

I'm dealing with something new -- for me. ;-) Using Word 2000 on
XP Home.

*(((({

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Display the Forms toolbar. Click the Form Field Shading button to turn off
the the shading and the Protect Form (padlock) button to lock the form. Then
your checkbox should work as designed.