Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
brand4u brand4u is offline

Default Set documnents to NOT open in "reading layout view" when emailed?

I have created a letterhead with graphics, but when I send it viewers don't
see the graphics because it opens in "reading layout view". Have i set it to
do that? Or can I set it to NOT do that?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Unfortunately, you have no control over how your users open your document,
but you can make the following suggestions in your cover email:

1. Recipients may be grateful for information on how to disable Reading
Layout view (Tools | Options | General).

2. As I understand it, a document won't open in Reading Layout view unless
it is opened directly from an attachment; this is a bad idea for many
reasons, so you might encourage your recipients to first save the document
to their hard drive. It will then open in the view in which you have saved
it.

Failing that, the only thing that would force Print Layout view would be a
macro; if users have Macro Security set to High or Very High, the macro
would be tacitly disabled; if they have security set to Medium, they might
still choose to disable it.

"brand4u" wrote in message
I have created a letterhead with graphics, but when I send it viewers

don't
see the graphics because it opens in "reading layout view". Have i set it

do that? Or can I set it to NOT do that?

Send a doc - open in print layout view Delores Elias Microsoft Word Help 2 June 23rd 06 06:21 AM
Open document in print layout format Lorne New Users 2 April 11th 06 12:05 PM
Non .doc files Tino New Users 12 March 9th 05 10:43 AM
can't open file I emailed myself with bad extension vic New Users 4 February 26th 05 04:29 PM
How do I get documets open in the Print Layout View? swright00 Microsoft Word Help 1 December 22nd 04 04:41 PM