Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
oceanmist oceanmist is offline

Default Word 2003: Tracking Changes

I made some changes to a document and tracked them. I clicked off on View,
Markup so they would not be visible and saved the file and sent it to someone
else. However, when they opened it they could see all the markup. How do I
permanently get rid of the markup so I can send it to someone?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Oceanmist

oceanmist wrote:
I made some changes to a document and tracked them. I clicked off on View,
Markup so they would not be visible

that's it: you toggled a _View_ only. This didn't affect the changes
themselves, they are still there.

and saved the file and sent it to someone
else. However, when they opened it they could see all the markup. How do I
permanently get rid of the markup so I can send it to someone?

You have to resolve all changes: Accept All will work in your case, then
stop tracking, Save.

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Click the arrow beside the Accept Change button and choose Accept All
Changes in Document. If there are comments, you also need Delete All
Comments in Document, which is on the Reject Change menu.

"oceanmist" wrote in message
Where is "Accept All"?

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Hi Oceanmist

oceanmist wrote:
I made some changes to a document and tracked them. I clicked off on

View,
Markup so they would not be visible

that's it: you toggled a _View_ only. This didn't affect the changes
themselves, they are still there.

and saved the file and sent it to someone
else. However, when they opened it they could see all the markup.

How do I
permanently get rid of the markup so I can send it to someone?

You have to resolve all changes: Accept All will work in your case, then
stop tracking, Save.

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
X Against HTML | for
/ \ in e-mail & news | Word

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
oceanmist oceanmist is offline

Thank you. That did the trick!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Click the arrow beside the Accept Change button and choose Accept All
Changes in Document. If there are comments, you also need Delete All
Comments in Document, which is on the Reject Change menu.

"oceanmist" wrote in message
Where is "Accept All"?

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Hi Oceanmist