Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kroth Kroth is offline

Default why random words begin appearing in word 2007 document

Have a user who, on occasion, says they see a series of three dots appear on
the screen, then random words and sentence fragments he did NOT type, begin
to be inserted into document for apparent reason!

Cannot find any speech recognition software that may be the cause!

Any help would be appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

You'd best run a good antivirus ASAP!

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 10/12/07 5:58 PM, in article
, "Kroth"
wrote:

Have a user who, on occasion, says they see a series of three dots appear on
the screen, then random words and sentence fragments he did NOT type, begin
to be inserted into document for apparent reason!

Cannot find any speech recognition software that may be the cause!

Any help would be appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kroth Kroth is offline

Thank you! We do have Symantec AntiVirus (version 9 on the laptops) and the
lastest virus definitions are being loaded. Good thought though. Can you
think of anything else? I'll be sure to rerun a full scan again, plus
spyware scan.

wrote:

Have a user who, on occasion, says they see a series of three dots appear on
the screen, then random words and sentence fragments he did NOT type, begin
to be inserted into document for apparent reason!

Cannot find any speech recognition software that may be the cause!

Any help would be appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Voice recognition software may be turned on, and trying to interpret
random noise even if the microphone is turned off.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

wrote:

Have a user who, on occasion, says they see a series of three dots appear on
the screen, then random words and sentence fragments he did NOT type, begin
to be inserted into document for apparent reason!

Cannot find any speech recognition software that may be the cause!

Any help would be appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kroth Kroth is offline

thank you for your response. A follow up question. O2007 doesn't , by
default, come with Speech Recognition correct? Can you tell me what the task
name would be running if it was?
-Kevin Roth

wrote:

Have a user who, on occasion, says they see a series of three dots appear on
the screen, then random words and sentence fragments he did NOT type, begin
to be inserted into document for apparent reason!

Cannot find any speech recognition software that may be the cause!

Any help would be appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Office (any version) doesn't include speech recognition because it's
supplied by Windows (or a third party such as Nuance). I don't know the task
name, but you'll find troubleshooting information for Windows XP at
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306537 . I don't see a similar article for
Vista yet, but I'd expect similar steps.

wrote:

Have a user who, on occasion, says they see a series of three dots
appear on the screen, then random words and sentence fragments he
did NOT type, begin to be inserted into document for apparent
reason!

Cannot find any speech recognition software that may be the cause!

Any help would be appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kroth Kroth is offline

Thank you so much. There's lots of info on that tid. I'll look at the
uninstall instructions soon!