Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
EDC EDC is offline

Default Files will not open on double click in word 2007

I have office 2007 installed on two macchines. It works well on one and not
the other. It is very slow to respond (this is on a new computer, very fast)
but the main problem is with will not open a doc or docx file when you double
click on it. It will launch word but not open the file. If i minimize word
and double click a second time it will then open the file.
Also if i double click on a word doc attachment in an email i get "File is
not located on this machine" error.
As I said, it works fine on my laptop which is much older. This installation
was an upgrade from office 2003. Anyone have any ideas as to how i correct
this as it sure slows down the work.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Try running winword /r (from the Run dialog box). This should fix any file
association problems.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP