Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rick Charnes Rick Charnes is offline

Default Is there a checked checkbox symbol in Word?

Is there a checked checkbox available to me in Word that Word can insert
into a document? I chose Insert | Symbol but didn't find such a
character among all the character sets. Maybe Word can create one?
Thanks.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Is there a checked checkbox symbol in Word?

  1. Place your cursor where you want to insert the checkbox symbol.
  2. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Symbol" button in the "Symbols" section of the ribbon.
  4. Click on "More Symbols" at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
  5. In the "Symbol" dialog box, select "Wingdings 2" from the "Font" drop-down menu.
  6. Scroll down until you see the checkbox symbols. The checked checkbox is the one with an "a" inside a box.
  7. Click on the checkbox symbol to select it, and then click on the "Insert" button.
  8. The checkbox symbol should now be inserted into your document.

If you need to insert multiple checkboxes, you can copy and paste the symbol as needed. You can also format the checkbox symbol by changing its font size, color, or other properties using the formatting options in the ribbon.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You'll find checked and unchecked boxes in the Wingdings and Wingdings 2
fonts, among others. In the Insert | Symbol dialog, scroll down the list to
select one of these fonts instead of "(normal text)."

om...