Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dennis[_5_] Dennis[_5_] is offline

Default Autofeed after envelope merge?

Going nuts trying to get envelopes to print automatically one after
the other after I do a merge. I am in Word2002. The records merger
over from the database okay. I just can't seem to find the right
settings to launch the printing.

First, I go to the document template. Then I click on Merge to Print
on the toolbar above. It asks about which records and I do that and
then the print dialog comes up and I put the record range to print in
there. And then hit Print.

It prints the first one but keeps notifying me that I need to load
paper in the manual tray. I have set the printer option on autofeed
and there are envelopes in the tray already. When I hit the continue
button on the notify box it prints without my adding envelopes
(because they were already there). I have tried placing in one tray
versus the other and selecting manual feed versus autofeed and so on.
I can't seem to find the formula.

How do I set it so that after the merge I just do a print and as long
as there are envelopes there it keeps printing all records until it is
done?

Thanks for any help.. I am beginning to go from crispy over to extra
crispy fiddling with this.

Dennis
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Open the envelope document that you are using for the merge and change Page
Setup Paper Paper Source from Manual to the tray where you have your
envelope stack. Then merge.

Dennis wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dennis[_5_] Dennis[_5_] is offline

Thanks, gave it try but still stuck. It still keeps prompting me to
load paper into the tray and then when I click continue it feeds fine
because the paper was already there. Have to do this each time.

Any other thoughts? Thank you.

--

Graham Mayor - *Word MVP

My web sitewww.gmayor.com
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org

Dennis wrote:
[...]

Dennis- Hide quoted text -

Thanks, gave it try but still stuck. It still keeps prompting me to
load paper into the tray and then when I click continue it feeds fine
because the paper was already there. Have to do this each time.

Any other thoughts. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dennis[_5_] Dennis[_5_] is offline

Just thought of something. Let me fiddle a bit with it before imposing
on you again and then I will report back. thank you.

Dennis wrote:
[...]

Any other thoughts. Thank you.- Hide quoted text -

Envelope merge tam Tables 2 February 7th 06 08:56 PM
Envelope Mail Merge jeannette Mailmerge 1 November 18th 05 04:56 AM
How do I fomat and envelope using mail merge? Dennis Cheever Mailmerge 4 August 6th 05 03:45 PM
Mail Merge with custom envelope Jane Mailmerge 1 May 7th 05 03:53 PM
mail merge envelope addresses Callilady Mailmerge 1 December 16th 04 08:12 AM