Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bonita Beaupre Bonita Beaupre is offline

Default How to reduce pge size after finishing doc.w/text and pics.

When I apply a smaller page size to my document that has text and pictures,
it reduces the picture size, but loses the text. How can I reduce size of
pages and reduce text and pictures?
--
Always need help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

How are you reducing the page size, and what version of Word are you using?

When you say it "loses the text", what is happening? Is the text being cut
off at the margins? When you reduce the page size, are you not reducing the
margins, accordingly, as well? If you are reducing the outer dimensions of
the page, but are not adjusting the text so that it fits within the
printable region of the printer, then one would expect for the text to be
cut off. If the page/paper settings are set up correctly, however, Word
should be warning you that that is going to happen, though. Hence, to help,
more information on exactly what you're doing is needed, since Word should
be handling the details if you're using one of the built-in methods.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Bonita Beaupre" wrote in message
news
When I apply a smaller page size to my document that has text and
pictures,
it reduces the picture size, but loses the text. How can I reduce size of
pages and reduce text and pictures?
--
Always need help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bonita Beaupre Bonita Beaupre is offline

I am using word 2007. I have pages in my document with Pictures with print
over them...some pages have wrapped text....some pages are just text.

My document is on size 8 x 11 pages. I am trying to put all of these into
the size 5.83 x 8.27 page found under "Page Layout" - "Size". I thought it
would reduce everything automaticaly to the smaller page size when I clicked
on the page size mentioned above. It reduced the pictures in the document
but all of the text is not visible. The text pages are blank.

Do I have to reduce font size on text and reduce pictures seperately? The
document is about 80 pages long in the 8 x 11 size.
--
Always need help.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you look at the horizontal ruler line, your text and pictures need to fit
within the white space defined by the left and right margins. Otherwise,
they will be cut off.

I don't see a stock 5.83x8.27 size -- I have to set that as a custom size.
But, when I do that to an existing document, text is automatically reflowed
to fit the margins. Pictures, however, did not automatically resize, and
would be cut off if I tried to print them.

It usually works best if you set the paper size before putting any text into
a document. What I would do... is create a new document, set the size as
desired, then copy the original document to the clipboard and paste it into
the new (pre-sized) document. Does that take care of the sizing and margins,
or is text still cut off?

--

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bonita Beaupre Bonita Beaupre is offline

Thank you so much! I am successfully pasting the text into a new small
document. However, it doesn't work for the pictures that have text on top of
them, so I am re-doing those in the new document. My Word 2007 does show the
option of 5.93 x 8.27 size, which is what I am using. Thanks again!

Bonnie
--
Always need help.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

news When I apply a smaller page size to my document that has text and