Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Josiah Carberry Josiah Carberry is offline

Default Blank lines before footnotes

Using Word 2003 SP3. 6 paragraph marks are inserted before the footnotes
start, at the bottom of each page with footnotes. I do not want any such
whitespace there, but do not know why it is there or how to eliminate it.

Thanks for any help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Switch to Normal view, then use View | Footnotes to open the footnote pane.
On the toolbar is a single dropdown. Click on the arrow and choose Footnote
Separator. Remove the excess paragraph marks, close, close the footnote
pane, and save the document.

"Josiah Carberry" Josiah wrote in
message news
Using Word 2003 SP3. 6 paragraph marks are inserted before the footnotes
start, at the bottom of each page with footnotes. I do not want any such
whitespace there, but do not know why it is there or how to eliminate it.

Thanks for any help

Word inserting excess blank space in footnotes fleepish Page Layout 1 November 20th 07 03:26 PM
Blank lines Pip Langford Mailmerge 3 April 25th 06 01:47 AM
Ho do I get a blank document show headers and footnotes. Angela Microsoft Word Help 1 November 30th 05 04:52 PM
Blank lines Bill Ridgeway New Users 4 June 21st 05 04:39 PM
Why are there extra blank lines in my header and footnotes? T Brown Page Layout 3 March 22nd 05 10:31 PM