Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
John E

Default Landscape section still previews and prints in portrait

I have formatted a section in the middle of a document in landscape mode via
FilePage SetupOrientation. The section contains text, tables and
headers&footers (with modified margins).
When I PrintPreview the document, this section still appears on the screen
in portrait mode and also prints that way, with tables going right off the
page! It is very frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many
thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz

Hi John -

First suggestion is to check to make sure your printer driver is up-to-date.

It also seems that not all printers play nice with regard to layout changes
mid-document - some seem to ignore the commands when there are page
orientation & margin changes involved. If that is the case, you may have to
print that page individually.

Beyond that, what type of Section Breaks did you use & where did you insert
them?
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"John E" John wrote in message
I have formatted a section in the middle of a document in landscape mode
via
FilePage SetupOrientation. The section contains text, tables and
headers&footers (with modified margins).
When I PrintPreview the document, this section still appears on the
screen
in portrait mode and also prints that way, with tables going right off the
page! It is very frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many
thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
John E

Thanks for your response. I checked the printer drivers but that did not seem
to fix the issue. After a lot of fiddling about, I decided to start an
entirely new document and re-format everything from the very beginning,
copy-pasting the original contents. Sometimes things just "get stuck" I guess
and a clean start is the only solution. Anyhow, everything is fine now, so
thank you.

John.