Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
GDOT GDOT is offline

Default Gutters

I am trying to set gutters for pages 1 through 7 as (normal) and
setting gutters for pages 8 thorugh 15 as (mirror margins).

I can set different margin sizes, and set different gutter sizes., but can
not mirror some pages and not others... HELP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

"Different odd and even" is a per-document setting (rather than
per-section), and it may well be that "Mirror margins" is as well. From my
limited testing, it would appear that this is the case. If you tell us what
you are trying to accomplish, we may be able to figure out a different
approach.

"GDOT" wrote in message
I am trying to set gutters for pages 1 through 7 as (normal) and
setting gutters for pages 8 thorugh 15 as (mirror margins).

I can set different margin sizes, and set different gutter sizes., but can
not mirror some pages and not others... HELP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
GDOT GDOT is offline

I need to print and bind this document. Pages one through 7 will run single
sided, so the gutter should be on the right. Pages 8 through 15 will run
double sided, so the gutter need to me on the right for pages 8,10,12,14; and
on the left for pages 9,11,13,15.

"GDOT" wrote in message
I am trying to set gutters for pages 1 through 7 as (normal) and
setting gutters for pages 8 thorugh 15 as (mirror margins).

I can set different margin sizes, and set different gutter sizes., but can
not mirror some pages and not others... HELP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Surely you would want the gutter on the left for single-sided pages, but
leaving that aside, I think you'll have to get creative. In Section 2, set
your gutter or different margins as needed. In Section 1, set the margins
the same on both sides and create your gutter by anchoring a frame or text
box to the header. Draw this frame or text box down the left side of the
document such that it will push the document body over the required amount.
See the "More complex letterhead" section of
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm for an example of this
technique. Note that there are certain problems that arise with text next to
a floating object of this type, but I don't see any other approach that will
work short of creating this as two separate documents.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

"Different odd and even" is a per-document setting (rather than
per-section), and it may well be that "Mirror margins" is as well. From

my
limited testing, it would appear that this is the case. If you tell us

what
you are trying to accomplish, we may be able to figure out a different
approach.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.