Joanne

Default Print on A2 Card Stock

I am trying to create an invitation to print on my A2 card stock.
I am using MSOffice 2003 on a WinXP machine.

The card measures 8.5" by 5.5", with a score for one fold, which after
making the fold, creates a doc that measures 5.5" x 4.25".

I used page setup to set "user defined paper" since there is no choice
for A2 paper, only for A2 envelopes (why is that?).

I set all margins to 0, set paper to portrait, and want to print the
face of the invitation on the lower 4-1/4 inches of the front of the
card stock (I will then flip the stock and, using another word
document to create the inside of the invitation , print the details of
the invitation on the inside (other side) of the invitation.

All these things I know how to do.

But I cannot get my graphics to print out in the center of the face of
the invite. I changed the margins to 0, I moved the graphics farther
and farther left, but still the pictures are not in the center of the
face (they are hovering around the right hand margin). I am at a loss
what to do. Is there perhaps a template for MSWord that would allow me
to print to A2 card stock, or should I be using Publisher (I tried
Publisher and didn't have much luck there either but I don't know that
much about Publisher - I may just be missing the proper info). I also
tried the Avery labelling program that integrates with MSWord thinking
they would have a template this size but I found nothing. I am at a
loss where to go from here.

Any help you can provide will be much appreciated
Thanks
Joanne
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Print on A2 Card Stock

Hi Joanne,

It sounds like you're having trouble getting your graphics to print in the center of your A2 card stock. I'd be happy to help you out with this!

First, let's make sure we have the correct paper size set up in Word. Since there isn't an option for A2 paper, we'll need to create a custom paper size. Here's how to do that:
  1. Click on "File" in the top left corner of Word.
  2. Click on "Page Setup."
  3. Click on the "Paper" tab.
  4. Click on "Custom" under "Paper size."
  5. In the "Width" box, enter 5.5 inches.
  6. In the "Height" box, enter 8.5 inches.
  7. Click "OK" to save your changes.

Now that we have the correct paper size set up, let's make sure your graphics are centered on the page. Here's how to do that:
  1. Click on the graphic you want to center.
  2. Click on the "Format" tab in the top menu.
  3. Click on "Wrap Text" and select "In Line with Text."
  4. Click on the graphic again to select it.
  5. Click on the "Format" tab again.
  6. Click on "Position" and select "More Layout Options."
  7. In the "Horizontal" section, select "Centered."
  8. Click "OK" to save your changes.

Your graphic should now be centered on the page. If it's still not centered, you may need to adjust the size of the graphic or the margins of the page.
__________________
Mary Sauer

Isn't an A2 envelope equal to A4 folded in half?
It is very simple to set this up in Publisher. You only have to decide if you are
going to use inches or centimeters.

If your stock is 8.5 x 11, setup Publisher as a booklet, change the page size to 5.5
width, 4.25 height. This will print 2 cards per page. You might have to change
Publisher's options to inches if by default you have centimeters selected.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Joanne" wrote in message
[...]

Joanne

Mary
First of all, thanks for your time and effort.

But A2 Card Stock is total size 8-1/2 x 5-1/2 inches, so I think that
I don't want to use Publisher/booklet to do this. You say that will
print 2 cards per page, but I am going to feed the printer card stock
that will print only 1 card per page so I am not sure if it will work.
What do you think
Joanne

Mary Sauer wrote:

Isn't an A2 envelope equal to A4 folded in half?
It is very simple to set this up in Publisher. You only have to decide if you are
going to use inches or centimeters.

If your stock is 8.5 x 11, setup Publisher as a booklet, change the page size to 5.5
width, 4.25 height. This will print 2 cards per page. You might have to change
Publisher's options to inches if by default you have centimeters selected.

Joanne

Thanks
I'll take another good look at page setup
Joanne

Graham Mayor wrote:

You can tell Publisher how to handle your paper stock from the page setup.

One thing you might try:

1. Select A2 envelope as the paper size and then select Portrait. This will
should give you the size you want.

2. On the Margins tab of Page Setup, choose "2 pages per sheet."

3. Put your desired text/picture/whatever on page 2. It will print on the
bottom half of the sheet.

I am taking your word for it (since A2 envelope is not one of my paper size
choices) that an A2 envelope is actually the size you need to print
half-Letter or Statement-size paper.