smurphy

Default Drop down lists and check boxes in a form

I am trying to make forms easier to use for the end user.

I want to have a checkbox be marked with an X when you click on the box.
I want to have a drop down list, drop down when you click on it, and then
when you select one of the options, be viewable in that field.

I know this can be done, I am just not sure of the process.
Jay Freedman

smurphy wrote:
I am trying to make forms easier to use for the end user.

I want to have a checkbox be marked with an X when you click on the
box. I want to have a drop down list, drop down when you click on it,
and then when you select one of the options, be viewable in that
field.

I know this can be done, I am just not sure of the process.

Read this series of articles:

Please Fill Out This Form
Part 1: Create professional looking forms in Word
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=22

Part 2: Adding Automation to your Word forms.
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=46

Part 3: Learn more VBA (macros) to automate your forms.
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=119

Part 4: Use custom dialog boxes in your Word forms
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=127

Part 5: Connect your AutoForm to a database to save input time and keep
better records!
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=136

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Cynthia

Suzanne - these were NOT attachments but embedded images within the message itself. Since I am a visual person, it helps me to associate things with text rather than have descriptive text only. And the message was only 60 kilobytes in size. Images are very optimized for small size. I never send attachments in newsgroups (Microsoft newsgroups, that is). Since I am using Outlook Express, I used the INSERT PICTURE option so the images were part of the message.

Please don't post attachments to these NGs. Most of the readers of this NG
especially are posting through Web portals that do not permit either posting
or viewing attachments.

They may be embedded on your end, but if you look at
http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...&lang=en&cr=US,
you'll see that they are not visible to OP, who posted through this forum.
60K is a very large message for a NG, 10-12 or more times the size of a
typical post.

"Cynthia" wrote in message
Suzanne - these were NOT attachments but embedded images within the message
itself. Since I am a visual person, it helps me to associate things with
text rather than have descriptive text only. And the message was only 60
kilobytes in size. Images are very optimized for small size. I never send
attachments in newsgroups (Microsoft newsgroups, that is). Since I am using
Outlook Express, I used the INSERT PICTURE option so the images were part of
the message.

----

Please don't post attachments to these NGs. Most of the readers of this NG
especially are posting through Web portals that do not permit either posting
or viewing attachments.

Cynthia

Suzanne - my own personal preference is to use OE6 to access NewsGroups because I can view things properly rather than from a web page.

This is the link to click to get into Microsoft public newsgroup for this particular discussion. You add the account (tools, accounts, NEWS, and add it. (just the msnews.microsoft.com part)

Cynthia
Charles Kenyon

Assuming you inserted the checkboxes and drop down list from the Forms
toolbar, click on the lock button on that toolbar and protect your document
for forms. What you are talking about is what Word calls an "online form."
Check this in help. For more about online forms, follow the links at
http://addbalance.com/word/wordwebresources.htm#Forms or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm especially Dian
Chapman's series of articles.

Hope this helps,