Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khilna

Default exclude words in brackets in word count

Hello I was just wondering if anyone knows how to exclude words contained
within brackets when performing the word count function?

I believe this is possible but have not yet found a way!

Thank you very much for any help that you may be able to offer.

Khilna
Tim Leonard Tim Leonard is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khilna View Post
Hello I was just wondering if anyone knows how to exclude words contained
within brackets.
Khilna
Don't think you can do it in Microsoft Word or Pages but you can use a web tool designed to do it for you, called Excludify: http://www.excludify.com.

Create an account, then upload your doc/docx file, scroll down to see all brackets and quotes found. Include the ones you want counted back in. Your word count is in the header.