chemistry falcon

Default Where in MS Word are the double arrows that represent equilibrium

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Where in MS Word are the double arrows that represent equilibrium

How to Insert Double-Headed Arrow Symbol in MS Word
  1. Place your cursor where you want to insert the symbol.
  2. Click on the Insert tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the Symbol button in the Symbols section of the ribbon.
  4. Select More Symbols at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
  5. In the Symbol dialog box, select Arial Unicode MS as the font.
  6. Scroll down until you find the double-headed arrow symbol (it should be near the bottom of the list).
  7. Click on the symbol to select it, then click on the Insert button.
  8. Close the Symbol dialog box.

Note: If you're referring to a different type of double arrow symbol, please provide more information so we can assist you better.
__________________
Herb Tyson [MVP]

There are a lot more wordsmiths here than chemists. So, if you could provide
an example of what you mean, perhaps we could tell you a) if Word has it,
and b) where to find it.

Offhand, I'd think your best bet might be to try the equation editor, since
it has a lot of symbols that other parts of Word don't. Insert - Object -
Microsoft Equation. I'm guessing that the arrows you seek are in the first
row, 4th box from the left.

Something similar can be found in the Wingdings symbols font (Insert -
Symbol - Symbols tab), bottom row, or in the Symbol font, 2nd row from the
bottom.

There are more in the Drawing toolbar, in Autoshapes - Block Arrows.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com

Jezebel

Symbols aren't 'in Word' as such -- they are in the fonts installed on your
computer. Go to Insert Symbol and search. If you can't find it, you'll
need to download a font that contains it (Do a Google on font +symbol
+chemistry, or some such.)

Or if it's just a one-off, you could create the symbol yourself with two
separate arrows in borderless and transparent textboxes, carefully
positioned.

"chemistry falcon" chemistry wrote in
message news

Jay Freedman

Type the code 21c4 and then press Alt+X. This will insert the
character with that hexadecimal code from the Lucida Sans Unicode
font.

The same character (with the same hex code) is also available in the
Arial Unicode MS font, but you have to use the Insert Symbol dialog
(or insert the Lucida character and then change its font) to get it.
The Arial character is noticeably narrower than the Lucida one.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
How do I create & merge specific data base & master documents? maggiev New Users 2 January 13th 05 12:30 AM