Does anyone know where I can find a template for form 1099 & 1096

Old August 19th 18, 05:58 PM
AmazingHuh AmazingHuh is offline

Originally Posted by View Post
On Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 8:24:47 PM UTC-6, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 28, 2009 9:37:40 AM UTC-7, TWalker1957 wrote:
I am trying to find a template that will allow me to enter data for forms
1099 and 1096. I have the preprinted forms but no typewriter to type the
information in with. Don't want to purchase a typewriter just to do a couple
of tax forms and don't want to hand write them.

Working on my dreaded 1099's. Decided to do them myself. Looked for a template but could not find one. Created one in Word. It includes the transmittal form. If you would like the template like me on Facebook and I'll send it to you.
Why don't you use accounting software for 1099 form submission. Last time I didn't keep adequate data and not paying quarterly taxes and fall into deep problem. So my advice write down all business expenses.

Last edited by AmazingHuh : May 28th 19 at 10:39 PM.
Old September 18th 18, 05:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

Default Does anyone know where I can find a template for form 1099 & 1096

On Thursday, June 14, 2018 at 4:21:25 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 28, 2009 at 11:37:40 AM UTC-5, TWalker1957 wrote:
I am trying to find a template that will allow me to enter data for forms
1099 and 1096. I have the preprinted forms but no typewriter to type the
information in with. Don't want to purchase a typewriter just to do a couple
of tax forms and don't want to hand write them.

I just used this website. I made 2 1099 misc forms. It is completely free you just have to make an account or sign in with google or facebook and when your done you just print.
https://www.expressefile.com/

Thank you for this link! This is the best by far. Totally free!!!
Old April 22nd 20, 05:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

On Wednesday, January 28, 2009 at 11:37:40 AM UTC-5, TWalker1957 wrote:
I am trying to find a template that will allow me to enter data for forms
1099 and 1096. I have the preprinted forms but no typewriter to type the
information in with. Don't want to purchase a typewriter just to do a couple
of tax forms and don't want to hand write them.

folks,,, after reading all of the above I just went into my excel and formatted it to the best of my initial ability... printed it and then adjusted the columns and rows. Viola it worked. I printed the 1099's in a matter of 30 minutes. less time than reading all these post.

IN ADDITION, i realized that when you read the help text in the quickbooks system it tells you how to 'add' a vendor to text the system thus validating that the vendors will show up on the 1099 report. WELL that is a big WINK WINK... go do the expense add for the vendor for the total and it will show up to print. ALSO make sure that you put it to an expense account NOT a sub account on the P&L.

hope this helps!
Old April 22nd 20, 03:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ammammata

Il giorno Wed 22 Apr 2020 06:23:02a, ** ha inviato su
microsoft.public.word.docmanagement il messaggio
. Vediamo cosa

wrote:
I am trying to find a template that will allow me to enter data for
forms 1099 and 1096. I have the preprinted forms but no typewriter to

type the information in with.

hope this helps!

well, in more than 10 years she has been able for sure to carve those info
in the stone, not just in form 1099

--
/-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ T /-\
-=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- - -=-
Old October 12th 20, 06:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Michele S

On Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 11:59:27 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 28, 2009 at 8:37:40 AM UTC-8, TWalker1957 wrote:
I am trying to find a template that will allow me to enter data for forms
1099 and 1096. I have the preprinted forms but no typewriter to type the
information in with. Don't want to purchase a typewriter just to do a couple
of tax forms and don't want to hand write them.

If you are familiar with Word & Text Boxes this is my process. It takes about 15 minutes and easy to do with 1099 or 1096 ore-printed forms.

1. Scan a blank1099 or 1096 Form, insert in the image a blank word document as full size
2. Draw a text box (formatted to bring text in front of image *& alignment) for Payer's Address & complete
3. Copy & past that formatted text box to each box, resizing & revising info
4. Hold Shift + click each text box to select all text boxes, right click to 'Group boxes"
5. Select background 1099 image and delete
6. Print a test and see if lines up correctly, ungroup and move text box individually if needed

thanks for the info!! so very helpful.. I know this is an old thread but it came in handy!