How do I set Word to Autocorrect when I copy/paste?

Old June 17th 07, 05:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
OnenessSaint

Default How do I set Word to Autocorrect when I copy/paste?

How do I set up a function in Word to automaticly replace certain words
without having to input an entire list for each document. I copy/paste a
document into Word from another program and then have to use the "replace"
feature dozens of times. Is there anyway to save these replacements and have
Word perform them automaticly? Or else run the list for me when I manually
execute the autocorrect?
I am using Word 93.

Old June 18th 07, 06:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Create your common list of replacements in a two column table - first column
the words you are looking for, the second with their replacements. Save the
document then run the following macro having changed the filename and path
of the table document in the line:
Set ChangeDoc = Documents.Open("D:\My Documents\Test\changes.doc")

Sub ReplaceFromTableList()
Dim ChangeDoc As Document, RefDoc As Document
Dim ctable As Table
Dim oldpart As Range, newpart As Range
Dim i As Long
Set RefDoc = ActiveDocument
Set ChangeDoc = Documents.Open("D:\My Documents\Test\changes.doc")
Set ctable = ChangeDoc.Tables(1)
RefDoc.Activate
For i = 1 To ctable.Rows.Count
Set oldpart = ctable.Cell(i, 1).Range
oldpart.End = oldpart.End - 1
Set newpart = ctable.Cell(i, 2).Range
newpart.End = newpart.End - 1
Selection.HomeKey wdStory
Selection.Find.ClearFormatting
With Selection.Find
.Execute findText:=oldpart, _
ReplaceWith:=newpart, _
replace:=wdReplaceAll, _
MatchWildcards:=False, _
Forward:=True, _
Wrap:=wdFindContinue
End With
Next i
ChangeDoc.Close wdDoNotSaveChanges
End Sub

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old October 17th 20, 07:07 PM
Steward Spergs Steward Spergs is offline

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Mayor View Post
[...]

This looks like something that will be so helpful! In Word, I am always adding words to autocorrect that I commonly mix up like "liek" with "like". I do this by adding words to autocorrect by clicking on options, then proofing, then click on auto correct options which allows me to add new words. My question for you is how can I copy all the words I have saved under the autocorrect list so that I can post them on the two columns in another document like you said to do so that I can have pasted texts auto corrected and not have to waste time with the spell check.
Thanks again for posting what you posted!