Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rahul0901

Default how do I open and edit an excel worksheet

I have a word document in which I had inserted an Excel sheet through the
standard toolbar. However, I am unable to open or edit this excel sheet. I am
currently using Office 2003 and this document was made in Office 2000.
Whenever I try to access the same I get the following message "USER DOES NOT
HAVE ACCESS PRIVILEGES". Please advise how do I fix this problem?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kevin B

If you're on a network and the Excel file resides on a network drive that you
don't have access privileges to it would produce that error that you do not
have access rights. If you are on a network I would go through the necessary
channels to get access to the drive and/or folder the file is located on.
Your supervisor or network administrator would be a good place to start.
--
Kevin Backmann