cth5c

Default Multiple templates using one datasource at the same time

I have several Word templates that use a common Excel spreadsheet as their
data source. Can more than one template access the Excel spreadsheet at the
same time to do a mail merge? In other words, can I have more than one user
doing a mail merge with the same data source at the same time without having
to share the workbook? Right now, I get a message that the spreadsheet is
being used by another user. I am using Word 2002 and Excel 2002
Mark@ReiglerAli

We use a word document in table form which can be opened as read-only, we
manage to have several documents reading from it at once. Maybe you could
apply that to your Excel problem, have you tried setting the sheet to read
only?