Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
GPCHS GPCHS is offline

Default mail merge 2007 word labels

I have exported a list from our student program to excel for a label mail
merge. I have their birthdates in the list. When I merge and update the
labels the birthdate format changes to mm-dd-yyyy. I can not get it to change
to yyyy-mm-dd. any suggestions. I have tried to format the cells in excel as
a date in the y-m-d format but it still goes to word as mm-dd-yyyy.? Please
and Thank you!!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Press Alt+F9 in the mail merge main document to toggle on the display of the
field codes and inside the closing } of the mergefield in question, add the
following formatting switch:

\@ "yyyy-MM-dd"

If that does not overcome the problem, see the "Dates: day/month reversed"
item under the "Connection methods" topic of the "Mail merge in Word
2002/2003" section of fellow MVP Cindy Meister's website at:

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MergFram.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.