rwbarger

Default creating lables from an xlr document

usintg mailmerge I am trying to create a mailing label list. When I select a
.. XLR document the stupid program says that this is an invalid source, it
will accept xls bur that is an old program! How can I get this file into
mailmerge?
Doug Robbins

..XLR is a Works (old, I believe) file format. I would suggest that you post
a question to a Works newsgroup asking how you can convert that file to
something that can be used, e.g. a text file.

Very few people here know anything about Works.

I only know what an .XLR file is because I Googled for it.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"rwbarger" wrote in message
usintg mailmerge I am trying to create a mailing label list. When I
select a
. XLR document the stupid program says that this is an invalid source, it
will accept xls bur that is an old program! How can I get this file into
mailmerge?

debarge1

..
xlr is from MSworks 7.0 which came installed on a 6 month old computer. If
there is a later version Why didn't I get it on a new computer? Tried saving
file as a .XLS which was an option under mailmerge with same results.
Finally copied whole thing to a database .wdb file to get it to work. Why do
I have to go all around the horn with, supposedly, new software?