Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JCC JCC is offline

Default speed of arrow keys

In Word 2007, the arrow keys are way slow. This is not true in other programs
(wordperfect and word 2000). Where is the setting to change the arrow key
speed. This is not about the mouse, that speed is proper. My colleague next
to me also got a new install of Word2007, and speed of her arrow keys are OK
--
ciao for now
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

"JCC" wrote in message
In Word 2007, the arrow keys are way slow. This is not true in other
programs
(wordperfect and word 2000). Where is the setting to change the arrow key
speed. This is not about the mouse, that speed is proper. My colleague
next
to me also got a new install of Word2007, and speed of her arrow keys are
OK

Is it just the arrow keys or do you find when you type there's a delay as
well? If so, check Add/Remove Programs and see if you have "OutlookAddin"
installed. If so, uninstall it as it's known to cause the behavior you
describe.
--
Beth Melton

Guides for the Office 2007 Interface: