will50

Default why is first page larger size than others in multi-page word docum

--
big willie
Jezebel

Because it's been set up that way.

"will50" (donotspam) wrote in message

big willie

will50

When you say, "because it's been set up that way", do you mean Word page
layout has been setup that way or I have set it up that way. If you mean I
set it up that way, I did not set it up that way. When looking at multiple
pages of a word document, the first page dimensions always seems to be 1.0 -
1.5" wider than the others. I've always wondered why, as when I type and save
word documents, the dimensions I setup are always the standard paper size,
yet when viewing them, the first page dimensions are always larger. It just
seems rather odd, and there are no settings that you can use to make all the
pages appears to be same dimensions. It has no affect on the printing or
final product, but it looks that way when viewing the pages.
--
big willie

"Jezebel" wrote:

Because it's been set up that way.

"will50" (donotspam) wrote in message

big willie

Jezebel

Are you saying this is the case for ANY document you view, or specific
documents? Word's page sizes are set for each section of the document --
either set explicitly for the document itself, or set for the template on
which the document is based. These are user settings -- there's nothing
automatic about it.

Do you perhaps have a multi-page printer, set up with different size paper
in the first- and subsequent-page trays?

"Jezebel" wrote:

Because it's been set up that way.

"will50" (donotspam) wrote in message

big willie

will50

No, I do not have a multipage printer, using paper of different dimensions in
separate trays.

Actually, this is really not big deal, as like have said, it has no effect
on the printing or the look of the page when it is printed, as all look
normal. It is just in print previewing, the first page dimension always seems
larger than the rest, no matter if I just type using Word or scan a document
to Word. What I will do is pay closer attention to the page setup before I do
anything and ensure that the dimensions are all set to normal and see what
happens. I will get back with you on the final results. I do thank you for
your input, it has been thought provoking.
--
big willie