trekguy1

Default Duplicate lables created with Mail Merge

I'm using an Excel spreadsheet for my data source, and Word 2002 for my mail
merge. I've been using the Mail Merge Wizard to set up an address block since
it's been useful in manipulating the data from my excel spreadsheet.
However, in step 4 of the wizard, after I've set up my address block, I've
been clicking on either "update all labels" or the "propagate lables" icon on
the toolbar (they both seem to do the same thing).

Here's my problem: I'm getting duplicate lables. For example, if my Excel
list has 74 rows, I get 74 pages of lables. The first page of lables starts
with the first name on my Excel list, then on page 2 of the labels, it starts
with the second name on my Excel list, and page 3 begins with the third name
on my Excel list, and so on.

How do I get 74 labels, for the 74 different rows on my Excel worksheet?
Help!?! (and thank you).

trekguy1

THANK YOU!!! Yes, this article had my answer. I ended up having to use
buttons on my toolbar after completeing step 4 in the wizard (so I didn't use
the wizard after step 4), but it was an easy fix!

trekguy1 wrote:
[...]

How do you view more than one page of lables using mail merge? Saagmom Mailmerge 2 May 4th 05 08:43 PM
Mail Merge Lables slackin Mailmerge 2 April 20th 05 04:37 PM
How do I add names to an existing mail merge address book created. 61934 Mailmerge 1 March 22nd 05 09:31 PM
Mail Merge Issue With Office 97 - Excel Data Source Matt Thorley Mailmerge 1 February 15th 05 11:38 PM