Roxana

Default bug - can't use alt select a column on Word 2003

I now have Word 2003 (11.6502.6408) SP1 This was available in the last
version of Word. I used this to remove extra spaces at the beginning of each
line - all at once. I miss this ability.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

garfield-n-odie

Not a bug, just operator error. Alt+Drag still selects a
vertical column of text in Word 2003. Two ways to do it:
1. Left-click where you want to begin selecting text, press
and hold the left mouse button, press and hold the Alt key, drag
to the opposite corner of the text column, release the left mouse
button, and release the Alt key.
2. Left-click where you want to begin selecting text, press
and hold the left mouse button, drag to the opposite corner of
the text "column", press the Alt key, release the left mouse

Roxana wrote:

I now have Word 2003 (11.6502.6408) SP1 This was available in the last
version of Word. I used this to remove extra spaces at the beginning of each
line - all at once. I miss this ability.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

The chief key to getting this to work is to ensure that Windows does not
interpret your button press as a click. You must press and *hold* the mouse
button to avoid getting Alt+click = Research task pane.

Roxana wrote:

I now have Word 2003 (11.6502.6408) SP1 This was available in the last
version of Word. I used this to remove extra spaces at the beginning of

each
line - all at once. I miss this ability.

suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the

"I

this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and

then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.