Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Adjusting TOCto reflect page numbering Adjusting TOCto reflect page numbering is offline

Default Inserting new section restarts the page numbering at the new secti

Hello,

I am using word 2002. My document is 60 pages. The page numbering is yet
sequential 1,2,3...
When I insert a new section at page 45, the page sequence is interrupted and
starts again at 1, there where the new section was inserted.

I want the page numbering to flow normally through all sections without
interruption. The page setup option does not seem to help me with that.

Could you help how to get this done correctly?

Many thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Place the insertion point in the new section. Click View | Header and
Footer. On the Header and Footer toolbar, click the Format Page Number
button. In the Page Number Format dialog box, make sure to choose the
"Continue from previos section" option. Click OK. Close the
header/footer area. Update the table of contents.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Adjusting TOCto reflect page numbering" wrote in message
Hello,

I am using word 2002. My document is 60 pages. The page numbering is

yet
sequential 1,2,3...
When I insert a new section at page 45, the page sequence is

interrupted and
starts again at 1, there where the new section was inserted.

I want the page numbering to flow normally through all sections

without
interruption. The page setup option does not seem to help me with

that.

Could you help how to get this done correctly?

Many thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Kalid Kalid is offline

Default Inserting new section restarts the page numbering at the new s

That solved my problem.
Thanks you again very much.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout