Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shelly Shelly is offline

Default How to apply normal.dot setting for new doc created by right clic.

I have changed the default font in the normal.dot file in word 2007. When I
open word and create a new document the setting are changed according to what
I want. However when I am in windows, and right click and go to new
Microsoft Word document, the settings are not applied. I searched to see if
there is another instance of normal.dot on my computer but there is not. Any
help would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This is a known issue, I believe, that New Microsoft Word Document uses the
factory-default Normal.dotm.

http://word.mvps.org

"shelly" wrote in message
I have changed the default font in the normal.dot file in word 2007. When
open word and create a new document the setting are changed according to
what
I want. However when I am in windows, and right click and go to new
Microsoft Word document, the settings are not applied. I searched to see
if
there is another instance of normal.dot on my computer but there is not.
Any
help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Herb Tyson discusses the context menu option in his blog:

Creating New Word 12 Files from Windows Explorer
http://word.herbtyson.com/?p=92

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"shelly" wrote in message
I have changed the default font in the normal.dot file in word 2007. When
open word and create a new document the setting are changed according to
what
I want. However when I am in windows, and right click and go to new
Microsoft Word document, the settings are not applied. I searched to see
if
there is another instance of normal.dot on my computer but there is not.
Any
help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Thanks for the follow-up, Stefan. I see from a MS response to Herb's blog
post that a hotfix is available.

http://word.mvps.org