Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tlbaatsa tlbaatsa is offline

Default Word 2007 Styles show as "always hidden". How do I unhide them

I converted a document from Word 2000 to Word 2007. Some of the styles in
the document show as "always hidden" in the Style Manager. I want to use
them. How do I unhide them.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can apply the styles even if they are hidden. Just type in the style
name in the Apply Styles pane (Ctrl+Shift+S).

If you actually want to show the style, do the following: In the Manage
Styles dialog box, look at the Recommend tab. Select the style and click the
Show button. (If you want to change the priority, use the Assign Value
button.) In order to transfer the modified settings to the attached
template, select "New documents based on this template" before clicking OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP