Pennie Farlow

Default Getting rid of tracked changes and comments once and for all

I have followed the insructions given on Microsoft Office Online to "Get rid
of tracked changes and comments, once and for all." I can remove for good
all tracked changes and comments in the main document, but cannot remove
changes in headers and footers, no matter how many times I repeat the
elimination process. Does someone have a fix for this please, or is it a
glitch in the software that Microsoft needs to address?

I assume you turned Track Changes off before you started this process? If
you leave it on, you're going to get more tracked changes every time you
print or Print Preview because Word updates fields in the header and footer
when you do that (even if you *don't* have "Update fields" checked on the
Print tab of Tools | Options).