Andrew

Default Horizontal Ruler wont turn off auto hide

Hi, I have a problem with a users ruler. The horizontal ruler auto hides and
the vertical ruler wont display regardless of the settings.

I have turned off provide feedback with animation and tried turning the
ruler on and off both with no success.

Would appreciate any advice.
Graham Mayor

You probably have a minor registry corruption. See
http://www.gmayor.com/my_toolbars_are_missing.htm. The settings are stored
in the same area of the registry.

Web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site www.mvps.org/word

Andrew wrote:
Hi, I have a problem with a users ruler. The horizontal ruler auto
hides and the vertical ruler wont display regardless of the settings.

I have turned off provide feedback with animation and tried turning
the ruler on and off both with no success.

Would appreciate any advice.

If you have Ruler checked on the View menu, the horizontal ruler should not
auto hide regardless of your settings. And if you have the vertical ruler
checked on the View tab of Tools | Options, it should be displayed in Print
Layout view (but no other). Are all these conditions true and you still
aren't seeing the rulers?