vntroberts

Default How can I stop the cursor jumping in a Word document?

How can I stop the cursor jumping around to different points in the text when
I'm typing in Word (MS Office XP Professional)?
Herb Tyson [MVP]

We might need more information about exactly what's happening. But, a couple
of things to check:

1. See if Tools - Speech is checked. If so, this can sometimes cause the
problem you're seeing.

2. Do you have a wireless mouse and/or keyboard? If so, it's possible that
other devices are interfering.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"vntroberts" wrote in message
How can I stop the cursor jumping around to different points in the text
when
I'm typing in Word (MS Office XP Professional)?

vntroberts

Tools - Speech isn't checked.

I'm using a DELL Latitude laptop, Windows XP - the only devices connected
are a printer and mouse.

The problem seems to have developed since I had a new modem fitted - could
this be causing the problem? Although I seem to recall experiencing the same
problem when the laptop was new - not to the same extent though.

As I type I find the cursor frequently jumps back to some other (apparently
random) point in the text - this may be in the same word, the same line or
several lines further up (it's happened several times while typing this
message) - VERY frustrating!

Any further suggestions?