Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
WebColin

Default Can a heading style include one font for title and another for text?

Specifically, I want the common part of my captions (e.g., "TABLE 1 ") to
appear in bold, and the variable part (e.g., "List of stuff that makes up a
table.") to be italicized, but not in bold. So the final Caption should be:
"TABLE 1 List of stuff that makes up a table.", with the first bolded,
the second part in italics. When I create the style, it seems I can only
specify one font type for the entire style/paragraph.

If I can't specify this for the style, I'll have to go through each and
every caption and manually alter part of the text to be italicized. Surely
there's a better way, and a way to ensure that all Captions current and
future adhere to the same format. Is there not?

In WordPerfect, I could just embed a Bold and Italic toggle at the end of
the format, so the variable text I typed each time would differ from the
common text before it. Is there any way to do this in Word?

Thanks,
Colin