Kushum

Default Date Formatting

Hi,
I have entered the following for my field "DOB" which is sourced from
MSAccess:
MERGEFIELD DOB \@"dd/MM/yy"
but not all DOB data has been entered:
So wherever there is a blank DOB in the database, it comes up as todays date
in the merged document with the above command.
I would appreciate every help I get.
Thankyou in advance.
Doug Robbins

Use an If...Then...Else field that checks if DOB is blank

{ IF { MERGEFIELD DOB } = "" "" "{MERGEFIELD DOB \@ "dd/MM/yy"} }

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Kushum" wrote in message
Hi,
I have entered the following for my field "DOB" which is sourced from
MSAccess:
MERGEFIELD DOB \@"dd/MM/yy"
but not all DOB data has been entered:
So wherever there is a blank DOB in the database, it comes up as todays
date
in the merged document with the above command.
I would appreciate every help I get.
Thankyou in advance.

Doug Robbins

In the mailmerge main document, use Ctrl+F9 to insert each pair of field
delimiters { } amd type the text in the positions shown.

Use Alt+F9 to toggle off the display of the field codes.