Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
hassan barjini

Default how can remove link from table of contents

I made from insert/ index and table/ table of contents for my document I
would like to remove the link of this result and edit it by myself
best

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how can remove link from table of contents

To remove links from a hyperlink in Microsoft Word, you can follow these steps:

1. First, select the hyperlink text that you want to remove the link from.

2. Next, click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.

3. In the "Links" section, click on the "Hyperlink" button.

4. In the "Edit Hyperlink" dialog box that appears, click on the "Remove Link" button.

5. This will remove the hyperlink from the selected text, but the text will still be formatted as a hyperlink.

6. To remove the hyperlink formatting, select the text again and click on the "Home" tab in the ribbon.

7. In the "Font" section, click on the "Underline" button to remove the underline formatting.

8. You can also change the color of the text to match the surrounding text by selecting the text and then clicking on the "Font Color" button in the "Font" section and choosing "Automatic."

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Ctrl+Shift+F9 to unlink fields.

"hassan barjini" wrote in message
I made from insert/ index and table/ table of contents for my document I
would like to remove the link of this result and edit it by myself
best

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Phrank Phrank is offline

Default how can remove link from table of contents (follow on question)

Hi Suzanne,

This response helped me with something at work also. Thank you. I
found that this isn't a toggle though. Once I press Ctrl+Shift+F9,
the fields are unlinked (unless I hit Undo, of course).

I have an existing Table of Contents in templates that I work with,
and there are items within that TOC that I sometimes want to have
unlinked. The method you showed works great for this. But there are
also sometimes that, after the fact, I need to relink them, or insert
items. How can I do that?

Thanks

Frank

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 21:33:47 -0500, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"

Ctrl+Shift+F9 to unlink fields.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF TF is offline

I've not tried this with a ToC, but as an alternative to the UnLink Field
command (which is irreversible) are the Lock/UnLock Field commands. Ctrl+F11
(Lock), Ctrl+Shft+F11 (Unlock).

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Phrank" wrote in message
: Hi Suzanne,
:
: This response helped me with something at work also. Thank you. I
: found that this isn't a toggle though. Once I press Ctrl+Shift+F9,
: the fields are unlinked (unless I hit Undo, of course).
:
: I have an existing Table of Contents in templates that I work with,
: and there are items within that TOC that I sometimes want to have
: unlinked. The method you showed works great for this. But there are
: also sometimes that, after the fact, I need to relink them, or insert
: items. How can I do that?
:
: Thanks
:
: Frank
:
: On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 21:33:47 -0500, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
: wrote:
:
: Ctrl+Shift+F9 to unlink fields.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

That's what I would suggest as well.

"TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
I've not tried this with a ToC, but as an alternative to the UnLink Field
command (which is irreversible) are the Lock/UnLock Field commands.

Ctrl+F11
(Lock), Ctrl+Shft+F11 (Unlock).

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Phrank" wrote in message
: Hi Suzanne,
:
: This response helped me with something at work also. Thank you. I
: found that this isn't a toggle though. Once I press Ctrl+Shift+F9,
: the fields are unlinked (unless I hit Undo, of course).
:
: I have an existing Table of Contents in templates that I work with,
: and there are items within that TOC that I sometimes want to have
: unlinked. The method you showed works great for this. But there are
: also sometimes that, after the fact, I need to relink them, or insert
: items. How can I do that?
:
: Thanks
:
: Frank
:
: On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 21:33:47 -0500, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
: wrote:
:
: Ctrl+Shift+F9 to unlink fields.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Phrank Phrank is offline

I will try that today at work. Thank you very much.

Frank