Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karen Karen is offline

Default Can't remove highlight

Hello,

Are these suggestions you are providing for 97-2003? I'm using 2007 and
trying to highlight only the text in a numbered list and it highlights the
number also. Can you provide a solution for this?
Thanks

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

When you are on the Shading tab, make sure that you check the "Apply to"
settings. The shading may be applied to Text rather than Cell.

http://word.mvps.org

"Brandy" wrote in message
I'm seeing the same problem... It's in a table, and any text that is
entered
appears highlighted with yellow.

I've set "No Fill";
I've set "Shading" to "Clear";
Reveal Codes shows: Pattern: Clear (Yellow) - Clear
There doesn't appear to be any document Protection in effect.

The entire table (3col x 17rows) has the same attributes.

I also tried: "Table Properties" | "Borders & Shading" |

It's also set to:

Fill: No Fill
Pattern: Clear
Apply to: Table

"Cubbie_Gal" wrote:

I have same problem. Tried clearning the shading and the highlighting
and
neither works. My text still stays highlighted. When I "reveal
formatting"
under the font section is stays "Shading: Clear (Yellow)". So I'm
selecting
clear for shading but it's leaving it yellow anyway? I don't understand.
Does it have to do with the fact that it's a bulleted list? I'm just
baffled.

"Inquiring Mind" wrote:

I have the same problem but I've tried both of the options described
below
and can't seem to remove the highlighting. Any other suggestions?
--
Inquiring Minds need to know