Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
denise denise is offline

Default When opening word 2007 a document appears, not a blank document

One of my children did this - when I open word 2007 a document they created
appears instead of just a blank one. How do I change it so it is a blank
document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary Sauer[_2_] Mary Sauer[_2_] is offline

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Denise" wrote in message
One of my children did this - when I open word 2007 a document they created
appears instead of just a blank one. How do I change it so it is a blank
document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JR Hester JR Hester is offline

Rename or delete the file NORMAL.DOTX. Then restart Word„˘, it should craete a
new empty normal template.

"Denise" wrote:

One of my children did this - when I open word 2007 a document they created
appears instead of just a blank one. How do I change it so it is a blank
document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The normal template for Word 2007 is normal.dotm

Rename or delete the file NORMAL.DOTX. Then restart WordT, it should

"Denise" wrote:

One of my children did this - when I open word 2007 a document they
created appears instead of just a blank one. How do I change it so
it is a blank document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Macros or not, the normal template that Word 2007 creates is normal.dotm
(even if normal.dotx is present).