Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.application.errors,microsoft.public.word,microsoft.public.word.general
[email protected] robfindlay@optusnet.com.au is offline

Default Ladybird images appearing in Word 2003 document

Hi all,

We have recently had an issue with a Word 2003 document where an image
of a ladybird appears twice on every page. The sequence is:
1. The doc was created from scratch on PC 1, no ladybirds present.
2. The doc was edited on PC 2, no ladybirds present.
3. The doc was again edited on PC 1, no ladybirds present.
4. The doc was opened on PC 2, where the ladybirds appeared.
5. The doc was opened on PC 1, plus other multiple PCs (other than PC
2), where the ladybirds were not present.
6. The doc was again opened on PC 2, ladybirds still present.
7. Another doc was opened on PC 2, no ladybirds present.

I found one reference to this on the web:
http://help.lockergnome.com/office/i...-ftopict613467...

where the solution was provided by Graham Mayor (who I believe
frequents this newsgroup? i visited his website where he asks to direct

such enquirees to the Usenet, hopefully Graham you will see this post)
as:
"It appears to be a non standard border in HTML format and is not
directly editable in the document. You can see the construction with
the script editor (which is presumably how it was inserted)
ALT+SHIFT+F11."

Using this information we were able to remove the ladybird from the
document. But the question remains: how did it get there in the first
place? Do we have a bigger problem that needs rectification?

The document was under the control of the users of PCs 1 and 2 all the
time, it was not modified by another user, and the ladybirds were not
deliberately added. No special features of Word were used at any time,
save for track changes and inserting comments.

Any assistance would be most appreciated.
Regards,
Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.application.errors,microsoft.public.word
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I saw this once before a couple of years ago. I cannot remember the cause.
The image could not be accessed from the document, but it could be accessed
and deleted from the script editor ALT+SHIFT+F11.
Note microsoft.public.word.general and microsoft.public.word are orphan
groups not supported on the Microsoft server used by the Microsoft MVPs who
service the Microsoft forums..