Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
takedown takedown is offline

Default How to create it?

Hello
I got this document from my teacher and i have to figure out how those
circles were made around these answer options.
I have no idea how that was accomplished.
Here is this document :
http://www.speedyshare.com/660313304.html ( .doc file)
http://img217.imageshack.us/my.php?i...5087056pa6.png (image)
Don't take a notice to language in that document.
So how to make those circles?
Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
takedown takedown is offline

I didn't ask if you do homework or don't. I you don't want to hep me then
just don't do it.
Thank you.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

We don't do homework!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom [Pepper] Willett[_2_] Tom [Pepper] Willett[_2_] is offline

It's a homework question.

"takedown" wrote in message
:I didn't ask if you do homework or don't. I you don't want to hep me
then
: just don't do it.
: Thank you.
:
: "Graham Mayor" wrote:
:
: We don't do homework!
:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
strawberryangel83 strawberryangel83 is offline

if you click on insert, then picture, then auto shapes in word, a box or
another heading with the different shapes will come up depending on which
version of word you have. when you select the circle, click anywhere in the
word document and move the cursor to make it big or small or any size you
would like it to be. double click on the circle, and for the color fill,
select black and the circle is completely black now. you can draw the circle
around anything you want. does this make any kind of sense at all?

"takedown" wrote:

Hello
I got this document from my teacher and i have to figure out how those
circles were made around these answer options.
I have no idea how that was accomplished.
Here is this document :
http://www.speedyshare.com/660313304.html ( .doc file)
http://img217.imageshack.us/my.php?i...5087056pa6.png (image)
Don't take a notice to language in that document.
So how to make those circles?
Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
takedown takedown is offline

Thanks that helped but is there a way to make these circles to be without
ability to change their color, weight etc?Those circles in the document i
uploaded can't be moved around by dragging and i can't change their
color also and weight.

"takedown" wrote:

Hello
I got this document from my teacher and i have to figure out how those
circles were made around these answer options.
I have no idea how that was accomplished.
Here is this document :
http://www.speedyshare.com/660313304.html ( .doc file)
http://img217.imageshack.us/my.php?i...5087056pa6.png (image)
Don't take a notice to language in that document.
So how to make those circles?
Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
strawberryangel83 strawberryangel83 is offline

see if this helps any:

Apply the same height and width to different objects

Select all objects (AutoShape (AutoShapes: A group of ready-made shapes that
includes basic shapes, such as rectangles and circles, plus a variety of
lines and connectors, block arrows, flowchart symbols, stars and banners, and
callouts.), picture (pictu A file (such as a metafile) that you can
ungroup and manipulate as two or more objects or a file that stays as a
single object (such as bitmaps).), WordArt (WordArt: Text objects you create
with ready-made effects to which you can apply additional formatting
options.), or clip art (clip art: A single piece of ready-made art, often
appearing as a bitmap or a combination of drawn shapes.)) that you want to
have the same dimensions.
On the Format menu, click Object, AutoShape, Picture, WordArt, or Clip Art.
The Format menu item changes to reflect the types of objects you have
selected.

On the Size tab, click in the Height and Width boxes to type in the
dimensions you want.

"takedown" wrote:

Hello
I got this document from my teacher and i have to figure out how those
circles were made around these answer options.
I have no idea how that was accomplished.
Here is this document :
http://www.speedyshare.com/660313304.html ( .doc file)
http://img217.imageshack.us/my.php?i...5087056pa6.png (image)
Don't take a notice to language in that document.
So how to make those circles?
Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
takedown takedown is offline

That didn't help
I got format autoshape menu by doing as you said.
So do you know another way to do this?

"strawberryangel83" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, you don't say what version of Word you have, but in Word 2003 and
earlier, go to Insert | Symbol, choose Arial Unicode MS as the font, and
then select Enclosed Alphanumerics as the character subset. Insert
characters by selecting and clicking Insert or by double-clicking.

Note, however, that that is *not* how the trick was done in the document you
reference, which uses AutoNumbering. In this case, the circles are in fact
graphics; they can be selected only by using the Select Objects tool on the
Drawing toolbar.

"strawberryangel83" wrote in
message ...
how do you do this?

"takedown" wrote:

Hello
I got this document from my teacher and i have to figure out how
those
circles were made around these answer options.
I have no idea how that was accomplished.
Here is this document :
http://www.speedyshare.com/660313304.html ( .doc file)
http://img217.imageshack.us/my.php?i...5087056pa6.png (image)
Don't take a notice to language in that document.
So how to make those circles?
Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sue O'Donnell Sue O'Donnell is offline

The general problem you are dealing with is that the "object" (the circle) is
formatted to be "behind text" and therefore can't be easily selected to make
changes. The circle objects are associated with a paragraph mark in each of
the sets, probably the paragraph mark of the selected answer. If you select
the applicable answer (a through e) and then select "normal" style, all the
text will move out of the way of the cirlce and you can select the circle,
then select format and change color, etc. If you then also format the "fill"
to say "no fill" then the cirlce can be formatted to be on top of the text
and you can always select it. If you don't change it to "no fill" then it
will cover up the letter when you place it on top of the selected answer. Of
course, after you do all this, you will have to reformat the answer that you
changed to normal so it has a letter designated like before and then place
the circle in the proper place.

"strawberryangel83" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
takedown takedown is offline

Thanks a lot!
The last question. Normally when i draw a circle it is possible to select it
just by clicking on it.
How to make circle so that it is only possible to select it only by using
"select objects tool" ?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Well, you don't say what version of Word you have, but in Word 2003 and
earlier, go to Insert | Symbol, choose Arial Unicode MS as the font, and
then select Enclosed Alphanumerics as the character subset. Insert
characters by selecting and clicking Insert or by double-clicking.

Note, however, that that is *not* how the trick was done in the document you
reference, which uses AutoNumbering. In this case, the circles are in fact
graphics; they can be selected only by using the Select Objects tool on the
Drawing toolbar.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
takedown takedown is offline

Thank you very much
Sue O'Donnell, strawberryangel83, Suzanne S. Barnhill

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paddy[_2_] Paddy[_2_] is offline

Tom [Pepper] Willett wrote:
It's a homework question.

(I saw this thread only after the discussion)

No. "takedown" is asking how his/her teacher inserted the circles to
indicate the correct answers of a multiple-choice quiz.

"takedown" is not asking for his homework to be done - the answers are
already indicated. He/she is simply asking how the teacher put in the
circles. I use this method myself when distributing answers to a revision
quiz to my students (electrical/electronics)

Sue and Suzanne are, as usual, quite correct and, it must be said, helpful.

Paddy