Mark Hope

Default line spacing has changed in the whole doucument

I get to a sectrion in my document and the line spacing has changed. I go
check the line spacing and it says it the same but in the document it has
doubleed in the section I'm in. I want it to be the same in the whole document

tonym77

ThanK you Suzanne S. Barnhill,
I followed what you siad but that has not changed anything. I am writing in
theater scpirt format. I'm on the second page and the line spacing though it
says it is on single space it goes to either double or 1.5. Yet it says it is
single space. I don't know what to do. I'm not using a template or anything
along with Word. This is not the first ime this has happened.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

In addition to the line spacing, check the paragraph Spacing Before and
After. Also, on the Layout tab of Page Setup, make sure that the vertical
alignment is set to Top.

"Mark Hope" Mark wrote in message
I get to a sectrion in my document and the line spacing has changed. I go
check the line spacing and it says it the same but in the document it has
doubleed in the section I'm in. I want it to be the same in the whole

document

It may be that the font has a lot of leading built in. But also check Format

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

In addition to the line spacing, check the paragraph Spacing Before and
After. Also, on the Layout tab of Page Setup, make sure that the

vertical
alignment is set to Top.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Mark Hope" Mark wrote in message
I get to a sectrion in my document and the line spacing has changed. I

go
check the line spacing and it says it the same but in the document it

has
doubleed in the section I'm in. I want it to be the same in the whole

document

tonym77

I checked those. They are not checked. In play format, the character name is
centered and then what the charter says goes dierectly under the name. It is
heree where the double spacing happens even though the format says it is
singled spaced. Now if I type a complete line of anything, the spacing goes
back to single spacing but, I must type in the complete line otherwise it
revert to double spacing.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

In addition to the line spacing, check the paragraph Spacing Before and
After. Also, on the Layout tab of Page Setup, make sure that the

vertical
alignment is set to Top.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Mark Hope" Mark wrote in message
I get to a sectrion in my document and the line spacing has changed. I

go
check the line spacing and it says it the same but in the document it

has
doubleed in the section I'm in. I want it to be the same in the whole
document

What you say makes no sense. If you like, send a *small* sample to me by
email (don't post an attachment here), and I'll have a look.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

In addition to the line spacing, check the paragraph Spacing Before

and
After. Also, on the Layout tab of Page Setup, make sure that the

vertical
alignment is set to Top.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Mark Hope" Mark wrote in message
I get to a sectrion in my document and the line spacing has

changed. I
go
check the line spacing and it says it the same but in the document

it
has
doubleed in the section I'm in. I want it to be the same in the

whole
document

tonym77

Suzanne;
When I paste it to this email the problem isn't there. I can't show you
unless I'm in Word. I don't know what is going on.
Mark Hope

tonym77

Suzanne,
There no adress on this post. If there is I'm missing it. My name has an
adress but yours, there doesn't seem to be one.
Mark Hope

"tonym77" wrote in message
Suzanne;
When I paste it to this email the problem isn't there. I can't

show
you
unless I'm in Word. I don't know what is going on.
Mark Hope

Hmm, I guess only OE quotes the From address in the reply, and I don't know
whether you can get message properties (headers) from the Web portal, nor is
there any way to Reply to Author (I guess that's one reason I'm getting
fewer direct emails!). Send it to .

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org

"tonym77" wrote in message
Suzanne;
When I paste it to this email the problem isn't there. I can't

show
you
unless I'm in Word. I don't know what is going on.
Mark Hope

Graham Mayor

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
nor is there any way to Reply to Author (I guess that's
one reason I'm getting fewer direct emails!)

That's a plus then