Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mordido Mordido is offline

Default interrobang

Word 2003 in Windding 2 has the interrobang, can anyone tell me about it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What do you want to know about it?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Mordido" wrote in message
Word 2003 in Windding 2 has the interrobang, can anyone tell me about it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary Sauer Mary Sauer is offline

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interrobang

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/p...649111033.aspx

"Mordido" wrote in message
Word 2003 in Windding 2 has the interrobang, can anyone tell me about it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mordido Mordido is offline

Somewhere in Wingding 2, using certain keyboard function, I can access or use
it as a form of punctuation. I want to know how to do that, i.e. find and
use the interrobang at the end of a sentence.

"Mordido" wrote in message
Word 2003 in Windding 2 has the interrobang, can anyone tell me about it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mordido Mordido is offline

I want to know how to find the interrobang in Word 2003, in Wingding 2, and
use it as a form of punctuation at the end of a sentence. Please advise.

"Mordido" wrote in message
Word 2003 in Windding 2 has the interrobang, can anyone tell me about it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mordido Mordido is offline

p.s. I'm sorry, I forgot to check-mark "Notify me of replies" below for my
reply of "I want to know how to find the interrobang in Word 2003, in

"Mordido" wrote in message
Word 2003 in Windding 2 has the interrobang, can anyone tell me about it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Put the cursor in the document at the end of the sentence. On the Insert
menu, click Symbol. Select the Wingdings 2 font. There are four different
interrobangs on the fourth and fifth rows of the display.

If you just want to use it once, double-click the symbol you want and then
click the Close button.

If you plan to use it more often (although I'm not sure why you'd want to),
click the Shortcut Key button and assign a shortcut to the symbol.

For the full story, see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...tSpecChars.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Mordido" wrote in message
Word 2003 in Windding 2 has the interrobang, can anyone tell me
about it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mordido Mordido is offline

I've used the "interrobang" in Word 2003 but forgot the specific key
combination that's used while in Wingding 2. So, I know the "interrobang" is
in Word 2003, it's merely a matter of finding the specific command interface
to work while in Wingding 2. I regret and apologize for my lack of details,
but can anyone help with this specific request to find the command (i.e. key
combinations) necesary to use "interrobang" while in Word 2003's Wingding 2?

"Mordido" wrote in message
Word 2003 in Windding 2 has the interrobang, can anyone tell me about it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mordido Mordido is offline

Jay: Thank you. This isn't what I wanted--there's another way with the
commands or short cuts already in place, but this will do for now as it's as
good a solution as the ones already in place. Thank you.

"Mordido" wrote in message
Word 2003 in Windding 2 has the interrobang, can anyone tell me
about it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mordido Mordido is offline

Below is the explanation I was looking for:

You can find an interrobang in Microsoft Word's Fonts. Go to Format; choose
Fonts, then Wingdings 2. You'll find 4 different versions of the interrobang.
Hit the ` ~ key, the ] } key, and (shift key, then) 6 ^ key, or the - _ key.

P.S. Can't print interrobangs here, but there are four according to above
and I've tested them. So now we have Jay's suggestion and the one's I've
forgotten and just remembered.

P.P.S. Thank you all for your help and concerns. Have a nice day.

"Mordido" wrote in message
Word 2003 in Windding 2 has the interrobang, can anyone tell me about it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/InsertSpecChars.htm. There are four
interrobangs in Wingdings 2: characters 93, 94, 95, and 96. You can assign a
shortcut key to any one of them through the Symbol dialog, or you can define
an AutoCorrect entry (also through that dialog).