Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
elemspedteacher elemspedteacher is offline

Default Pilcrow Sign

Please help me! I imported a document and now every time I use Word a pilcrow
sign keeps showing at the end of each line (even when I don't use text) and
an arrow appears if I use tab. These symbols are showing up in every new and
old opened document and it's really annoying! How do I get rid of these
unwanted symbols once and for all???
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Click on the ¶ button on your toolbar one time.

(Some of us can't work without them.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"elemspedteacher" wrote in
message ...
Please help me! I imported a document and now every time I use Word a
pilcrow
sign keeps showing at the end of each line (even when I don't use text)
and
an arrow appears if I use tab. These symbols are showing up in every new
and
old opened document and it's really annoying! How do I get rid of these
unwanted symbols once and for all???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Garard Pat Garard is offline

.... and no thanks to you? ...
`[:-{
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
Click on the ¶ button on your toolbar one time.

(Some of us can't work without them.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"elemspedteacher" wrote in message
Please help me! I imported a document and now every time I use Word a pilcrow
sign keeps showing at the end of each line (even when I don't use text) and
an arrow appears if I use tab. These symbols are showing up in every new and
old opened document and it's really annoying! How do I get rid of these
unwanted symbols once and for all???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Ya know, I don't think I've ever been able to convince anyone of the value
of seeing the non-printing characters. The only other person I know who uses
them is my husband. We both started out using Word when it was a DOS-based
program so we were accustomed to seeing those characters.

I've tried explaining the benefits to my friends/co-workers but they just
don't care. :-(

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Pat Garard" apgarard-bigpond:net:au wrote in message
... and no thanks to you? ...
`[:-{
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
Click on the ¶ button on your toolbar one time.

(Some of us can't work without them.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"elemspedteacher" wrote in
message ...
Please help me! I imported a document and now every time I use Word a
pilcrow
sign keeps showing at the end of each line (even when I don't use text)
and
an arrow appears if I use tab. These symbols are showing up in every
new and
old opened document and it's really annoying! How do I get rid of these
unwanted symbols once and for all???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Now follow JoAnn's sage advice: switch them on again, learn to use them, and
see how much your formatting improves. (or are you the one of those swine
who uses empty paragraphs for spacing?)

"elemspedteacher" wrote in
message ...
I fixed it!

"elemspedteacher" wrote:

Please help me! I imported a document and now every time I use Word a
pilcrow
sign keeps showing at the end of each line (even when I don't use text)
and
an arrow appears if I use tab. These symbols are showing up in every new
and
old opened document and it's really annoying! How do I get rid of these
unwanted symbols once and for all???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I've yet to see any documents at work where they've used paragraph settings.
We won't even mention styles. If they won't do the former, they can't do the
latter. Ugh!

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"elemspedteacher" wrote:

Please help me! I imported a document and now every time I use Word a
pilcrow
sign keeps showing at the end of each line (even when I don't use text)
and
an arrow appears if I use tab. These symbols are showing up in every
new and
old opened document and it's really annoying! How do I get rid of these
unwanted symbols once and for all???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Garard Pat Garard is offline

Hi JoAnn,

It's like crafts(wo)manship - when I was learning to drive a car (in
the UK a couple 'a centuries ago) there was a kind of pride in being
a good and courteous driver.

Nobody seems to give a $hit any more - until they have a problem.
Then they seek out the crafts(wo)man they could 'a been themselves.

`[:-}
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Garard Pat Garard is offline

G'Day All,

I think we must all live in a fool's paradise ...

.... when a helluvalotta people no longer have the intellectual capacity
put two words together without a grammar checker, we set them loose
with a sophisticated tool like Word ...

.... I've met 2 teachers who, during a training session, used Word to
decide a private debate about how to spell a particular word ...
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"elemspedteacher" wrote:

Please help me! I imported a document and now every time I use Word a
pilcrow
sign keeps showing at the end of each line (even when I don't use

text)
and
an arrow appears if I use tab. These symbols are showing up in every
new and
old opened document and it's really annoying! How do I get rid of

these
unwanted symbols once and for all???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Garard Pat Garard is offline

Hi Jezebel,

Give John a "Pilcrow" from me - you know where to place it!

`[:-}
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"elemspedteacher" wrote:

Please help me! I imported a document and now every time I use Word a
pilcrow
sign keeps showing at the end of each line (even when I don't use text) and
an arrow appears if I use tab. These symbols are showing up in every new
and
old opened document and it's really annoying! How do I get rid of these
unwanted symbols once and for all???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Bring back the Austin A40, eh? Or erect a statue to the last person alive
who lost their virginity in a rumple seat....

"Pat Garard" apgarard-bigpond:net:au wrote in message
G'Day All,

I think we must all live in a fool's paradise ...

... when a helluvalotta people no longer have the intellectual capacity
put two words together without a grammar checker, we set them loose
with a sophisticated tool like Word ...

... I've met 2 teachers who, during a training session, used Word to
decide a private debate about how to spell a particular word ...
--
Regards,
Pat Garard
Melbourne, Australia
_______________________

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
What I love is the people who use Enter, Enter, Enter, ... to move to the
understand why their formatting is all messed up when they add a line or
two.

so
all may benefit.

"elemspedteacher" wrote:

Please help me! I imported a document and now every time I use Word
pilcrow
sign keeps showing at the end of each line (even when I don't use

text)
and
an arrow appears if I use tab. These symbols are showing up in
every
new and
old opened document and it's really annoying! How do I get rid of

these
unwanted symbols once and for all???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Garard Pat Garard is offline

Ah, Jezebel ...

.... the old Austin A40 Somerset ...

... had one for years - bought it second-hand for Fifty Quid! Then one
day, driving through Barnet, the big-end went - disintegrated!

Broke my heart! Sold it to a restorer/enthusiast for Sixty Quid - cried
all the way to the bank.

Bring back the Austin A40, eh? Or erect a statue to the last person alive who
lost their virginity in a rumple seat....

.... now THAT required CAPACITY!!!!
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"elemspedteacher" wrote:

Please help me! I imported a document and now every time I use Word a
pilcrow
sign keeps showing at the end of each line (even when I don't use
text)
and
an arrow appears if I use tab. These symbols are showing up in every
new and
old opened document and it's really annoying! How do I get rid of
these
unwanted symbols once and for all???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I once (about 40 years ago) had the later A40 Farina - I should have
suspected the worst as the registration letters were DUD. The 998 cc(?)
engine failed and I fitted a later 1198CC jobbie. This was obviously too big
a shock for the old darling as the floor split in half behind the driver's
seat

Happy days!

Pat Garard wrote:
Ah, Jezebel ...

... the old Austin A40 Somerset ...

.. had one for years - bought it second-hand for Fifty Quid! Then one
day, driving through Barnet, the big-end went - disintegrated!

Broke my heart! Sold it to a restorer/enthusiast for Sixty Quid -
cried all the way to the bank.

Bring back the Austin A40, eh? Or erect a statue to the last person
alive who lost their virginity in a rumple seat....

... now THAT required CAPACITY!!!!

"Jezebel" wrote in message
Bring back the Austin A40, eh? Or erect a statue to the last person
alive who lost their virginity in a rumple seat....

"Pat Garard" apgarard-bigpond:net:au wrote in message
G'Day All,

I think we must all live in a fool's paradise ...

... when a helluvalotta people no longer have the intellectual
capacity put two words together without a grammar checker, we set
them loose with a sophisticated tool like Word ...

... I've met 2 teachers who, during a training session, used Word to
decide a private debate about how to spell a particular word ...
--
Regards,
Pat Garard
Melbourne, Australia
_______________________

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
What I love is the people who use Enter, Enter, Enter, ... to move
to the next page (instead of Ctrl+Enter to insert a page break)
and then don't understand why their formatting is all messed up
when they add a line or two.

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"Jezebel" wrote in message
Now follow JoAnn's sage advice: switch them on again, learn to
use them, and see how much your formatting improves. (or are you
the one of those swine who uses empty paragraphs for spacing?)

"elemspedteacher"
wrote in message
I fixed it!

"elemspedteacher" wrote:

Please help me! I imported a document and now every time I use
Word a pilcrow
sign keeps showing at the end of each line (even when I don't
use text) and
an arrow appears if I use tab. These symbols are showing up
in every new and
old opened document and it's really annoying! How do I get rid
of these unwanted symbols once and for all???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

If you'd kept it, you could have joined the club...
http://www.a40farinaclub.org/a40home.html.

According to the Introduction page, the earlier engine was 948cc.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Jezebel" wrote in message
[...]

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in
message ...

"Jezebel" wrote in message
Now follow JoAnn's sage advice: switch them on again, learn to
use them, and see how much your formatting improves. (or are you
the one of those swine who uses empty paragraphs for spacing?)

"elemspedteacher"
wrote in message
I fixed it!

"elemspedteacher" wrote:

Please help me! I imported a document and now every time I use
Word a pilcrow
sign keeps showing at the end of each line (even when I don't
use text) and
an arrow appears if I use tab. These symbols are showing up
in every new and
old opened document and it's really annoying! How do I get rid
of these unwanted symbols once and for all???

How do I find the "plus or minus" sign? dita@ut Microsoft Word Help 3 April 22nd 23 03:31 AM
the pilcrow sign stephen Microsoft Word Help 4 December 29th 06 10:46 PM
Looking for the copyright key. c with a circle like the at sign. idunno Microsoft Word Help 2 October 19th 05 04:45 PM
pilcrow sign Pepe Microsoft Word Help 1 May 17th 05 09:25 PM
How do I write a large integral sign? Andy Microsoft Word Help 1 May 10th 05 01:08 PM