Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RobW[_2_] RobW[_2_] is offline

Default Protected forms and track changes

Hello. I have created a protected form for other staff members to use. When
some of them open the form, "track changes" is automatically turned on and
They cannot turn it off without unprotecting the document, turning it off,
and protecting it again. How can I stop this from happenning?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

I think the problem is this:
Your form contains tracked changes but you have set the document to show
"Final" so you do not see the changes. When a user opens the document, it
will open with "Final showing markup", provided the setting Tools Options
Security tab "Make hidden markup visible when opening or saving" is turned
on (which it is by default).

Do this:
Unprotect the form. In the Reviewing toolbar, click the arrow next to the
check mark icon and select "Accept all Changes in Document". Protect and save
the document.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg