Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
scribulations scribulations is offline

Default Word 2003 - can't get rid of 'Design Mode' button

Every time I open one particular Word document, which is basically a two
column table, I see a small button down at the bottom right of the doc and
outside it. View mode is 'Print Layout' at 75%, and the button is sitting on
the gray background outside the edge of the page.

When I mouse over the button I see the caption "Exit Design Mode". If I
click its X, it closes, but it'll reappear the next time I open the doc (and
only this doc - it doesn't happen with any other).

I've tried fiddling with controls but nothing I do gets permanently rid of
the button. Shutting it then closing and restarting the doc just brings it
back.

Advice would be appreciated.