Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Amelia''s Dad Amelia''s Dad is offline

Default To Clear Recent Files List (cont)

I am using the Macro (Graham) suggested (29/6/09). I have created it in the
Macro list and brought it into the Module list. I also added it to the QAT.

After doing this I extited Word and then reopened it again. I went to Open
Files and the old list I want to clear was still there. I pressed the button
in QAT, looked again but the list is still there.

I restarted the computer but this made no difference.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The macro

Sub ClearMRU()
Application.DisplayRecentFiles = True
listsize = RecentFiles.Maximum
RecentFiles.Maximum = 0
RecentFiles.Maximum = listsize
End Sub

clears the recent files list that you see when you click the Office button.
As indicated in the earlier thread, other file lists associated with the
file dialogs are stored in the registry.

Amelia''s Dad wrote:
I am using the Macro (Graham) suggested (29/6/09). I have created it
in the Macro list and brought it into the Module list. I also added
it to the QAT.

After doing this I extited Word and then reopened it again. I went to
Open Files and the old list I want to clear was still there. I
pressed the button in QAT, looked again but the list is still there.

I restarted the computer but this made no difference.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Amelia''s Dad Amelia''s Dad is offline

Thanks Graham. For some reason your last post in the previous thread, did
not come up. However I did go to the registry editor and follow the thread
through to the last key which showed two files. One was empty and the other
marked User GUI (I think) and it contained a line of code which I thought I'd
leave alone until I tried the Macro. I obviously did not undrstand that the
macro could only clear the list in MS Word.
Therefore should I delete the line of code marked User GUI ?

Amelia''s Dad wrote:
I am using the Macro (Graham) suggested (29/6/09). I have created it
in the Macro list and brought it into the Module list. I also added
it to the QAT.

After doing this I extited Word and then reopened it again. I went to
Open Files and the old list I want to clear was still there. I
pressed the button in QAT, looked again but the list is still there.

I restarted the computer but this made no difference.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If we are talking about the same list, then the registry entry is

\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\ Common\Open Find\Microsoft
Office Word\Settings\Save As\File Name MRU
Delete the contents of the 'Value' sub key.